Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a typical Portuguese Easter cake, their is more than one, receipe, it all depends on where you live, from north to south the receipe varies. This receipe is more known in the Northern part of Portugal, (which is where I come from) I hope you all enjoy it as much as we Portuguese do. P.S. I always like to add in Lemon grind and some orange gives it a great flavour.
- Have a tube cake pan greased and floured.Preheat oven 375º.
- First beat your egg-whites till very stiff, and set aside.
- Now beat your egg-yolks along with the sugar till very very creamy. This takes about 10 minutes beating so it'll be very very creamy. Add in your lemon grind and beat 1 more minute.
- Now gently FOLD in 1 tablespoon of meringue at a time and then 1 tablespoon of flour, repeat this procedure till done, ALWAYS FOLDING in your ingredients.
- This is very important to do this so your cake will not fall.
- Now carefully pour the cake batter into greased floured pan and bake till it's a golden yellow coulor.
- About 45-55 All depending on the ovens.
Have not tried this yet but have been looking for a Pao De Lo recipe for a long time. Certainly have eaten enough of them in the Algarve (yes, they have them down there too) and going to file this away for future baking. Thanks again - delighted to have an authentic recipe.