6 hrs 15 mins
This is one of my favorite desserts, especially to serve to guests. It's fast, easy, and it requires chill time, which makes it perfect for advance preparation. I guess panna cotta isn't the most common dessert, because, despite its simplicity, I get raves and quizzes over the ingredients every time. The panna cotta recipe is courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis, from Food Network's "Everyday Italian," and the chocolate sauce comes from Tyler Florence's "Food 911." The sauce recipe makes quite a bit - you'll have some leftover - but I don't cut it because I like to have it the day after with the leftover berries.:) Cooking time is chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups assorted fresh berries (I usually use blueberries, raspberries, and chopped strawberries)
- 1Place the milk in a small bowl.
- 2Sprinkle the gelatin over. Let stand for 3 to 5 minutes to soften the gelatin.
- 3Pour milk mixture into a heavy saucepan and stir over medium heat just until the gelatin dissolves but the milk does not boil, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add the cream, honey, sugar, and salt.
- 5Stir until the sugar dissolves, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 6Remove from the heat.
- 7Pour into 6 wine glasses so that they are 1/2 full.
- 8Cool slightly.
- 9Refrigerate until set, at least 6 hours.
- 10For the sauce:.
- 11Combine the cream and butter in a small heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat.
- 12Heat the mixture until bubbles appear around the sides of the pot, but do not allow the cream to boil.
- 13Mix in the chocolate and vanilla; remove from the heat and stir until the chocolate melts and the sauce is smooth.
- 14May be made ahead of time and rewarmed over low heat on the stovetop, or in the microwave on medium power.
- 15Spoon berries atop the panna cotta, drizzle generously with chocolate sauce.
- 16Top with more berries and a decorative drizzling of sauce, and serve.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Panna Cotta With Fresh Berries and Chocolate Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 813.6
- Calories from Fat 702
- Total Fat 78.0 g
- Saturated Fat 48.4 g
- Cholesterol 212.9 mg
- Sodium 124.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 20.2 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: