Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Thai Food- David Thompson
Make and share this Paneang Curry Paste recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons peanuts (boiled or roasted and cooled)
- 10 long dried Thai chiles, stemmed and soaked
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coriander, root scraped and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons galangal, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass, chopped
- 3 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 nutmeg, coarsely pounded and briefly roasted
- Pound all ingredients with a mortar an pestle until completely smooth, adding the peanuts last. (Or being a lazy cuss I use the blender).
- Although recipe makes enough for a curry dish with only 2 servings, you can make as much as you like and refrigerate or freeze in small portions.
- This is an adopted recipe.
I use this exact recipe many times. I mainly use it with seafood. Great with prawns/shrimp or a meaty fish like swordfish. I have used this curry paste with: Crocodile meat. YUM. Thank you Mean Chef for posting this recipe. By the way, I would love to eat a meal cooked by you.