Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Everyday with Rachael Ray Magazine.
- 8 large shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails left on)
- 1 lemon (you'll need half the juice of the lemon, plus 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8 sage leaves
- 8 slices pancetta
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, packed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves, packed
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh tarragon leaves, packed
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Preheat an outdoor grill or grill pan to medium-high. Toss the shrimp with the lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Place one sage leaf in each shrimp cavity, where it was deveined, then wrap a slice of pancetta around the shrimp; secure with a toothpick. Drizzle with some olive oil and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and cook the penne according to package directions. Drain.
- While pasta cooks, in a food processor pulse the 2 whole garlic cloves, lemon peel, basil, mint, parsley, tarragon, and pine nuts. Pour in the 1/2 cup olive oil in a steady stream.
- Transfer the food processor mixture to a serving dish; stir in the cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add peas and pasta and toss to combine.
- Grill the shrimp until pink, about 4 minutes on each side. Serve 2 shrimp on each plate with some pesto penne.