1/5 Photos of Pancakes With Fresh Strawberries
The Amish know how to make a delicious pancake. This is probably the lightest, fluffiest pancake I've ever eaten, and it didn't require beating the egg whites. The recipe really does call for a tablespoon of vanilla (I thought it was a typo too). These are so simple there's no excuse to use pancake mix again. You can make them with or without the whipped cream and strawberries. Recipe from The Amish Cook at Home. Serving size is estimated because it wasn't listed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir with a whisk to blend.
- 2In another bowl, whisk the milk, oil, vanilla, and egg together.
- 3Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until combined. Do not overmix.
- 4Put a little oil on a griddle or large skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
- 5Drop the batter by tablespoons onto the griddle or in the pan to form several small pancakes.
- 6Cook until golden on each side (2 to 3 minutes).
- 7Transfer the pancakes to plates.
- 8Top the pancakes with a few strawberries and some whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pancakes With Fresh Strawberries
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.9
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 57.8 mg
- Sodium 667.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 10.7 g