Recipe by Trinity_1966
I like these because they are quick and easy, you can make them the night before.
Top Review by kiwidutch
Liked these. The taste is good.. but I found that my mixture was too thick and that I needed to add extra milk to make this into a pancake batter that I could work with. Even after the addition of the extra milk it still was a fairly heavy batter. The taste was fine, and we demolished a whole stack of these because we were hungry but we all agreed they weren't the best pancakes I have ever made. I think that a pinch of salt would have improved things as well. Please see my rating system: a good tasting pancake recipe but not one that suited us as written, I needed to make too much of a change in the milk quantity to have rated it higher. Please see my rating system: 3 stars for a recipe that I am pleased to have tried. Thanks!
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups skim milk
- 30 g polyunsaturated margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients into a bowl and beat with a whisk till blended.
- Heat frying pan and put in 10g of margarine.
- Pour each pancake to size and wait till it forms bubbles on top then turn.
- Add more margarine as needed and serve with maple syrup, sugar and lemon or jam.