Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a twist on one of my favorite dishes.
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, julliened
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 10 Thai basil or 10 regular basil, julliened
- 1 (16 ounce) package firm tofu
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 6 tablespoons panang curry paste
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and sauté bell pepper, onion for 5 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, blend tofu, coconut milk, curry paste, sugar, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a soufflé dish or small casserole and add peppers, onions and basil.
- Place dish in a roasting pan that is filled half way with water.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until soufflé is firm and top is golden brown.
- Serve with jasmine rice.
Tastewise, this was pretty good. But I would prefer a regular panang dish. I don't know how it could turn out like the picture with nothing in it to help it rise. The idea is great, but mine turned out more like a pudding and although i didn't dump it out, it was not very satisfying as a meal. I'd like to see the recipe that uses eggs...