1/3 Photos of Pan-Seared Scallops With Ginger Sauce
Found this one in the Dallas Morning News and wanted to save. It is low in fat and calories so it fits in with the AHA suggestion of at least two fish meals a week. We try to do 3 so I am always looking for new recipes to incorporate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and quartered
- 1 shallot, quartered
- fresh ginger, about 2 inches, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 59.14 ml white wine
- 236.59 ml chicken broth, reduced fat and reduced sodium
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 453.59 g sea scallops
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 0.59 ml salt
- snipped chives (to garnish) (optional)
- 1Combine carrot, shallot, ginger, garlic, wine and broth in a medium sauce pan. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat 12 minutes or until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup. Strain; discard vegetables and reserve liquid.
- 2Pat scallops dry with a paper towel. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet that has ben sprayed with nonstick cooking spray over medium-high heat. Place scallops in single layer in pan. Cook until golden brown on bottom, about 4 minutes. Turn scallops. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook about 2 minutes until second side is lightly golden.
- 3Reduce heat to low and pour reserved liquid over the scallops. Simmer 1 minute or until scallops are done, stirring any browned particles into sauce and spooning sauce over scallops.
- 4To serve, arrange scallops on deep platter and spoon sauce over them. Sprinkle with chives.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan-Seared Scallops With Ginger Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.5
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 27.2 mg
- Sodium 715.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 15.2 g