Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a BHG recipe that I just had to share. Scallop and Spinach lovers will go wild! This makes a lovely warm weather dinner with a loaf of bread and glass of wine.
- 1 lb sea scallops, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 -2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (10 ounce) packageprewashed spinach
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup cooked bacon, pieces
- Thaw scallops if they are frozen.
- Rinse scallops and pat dry with paper towel.
- In a large ziploc bag mix the flour and cajun seasoning.
- Add scallops, toss, coating well.
- In a large skillet over medium heat warm the oil.
- Add the scallops and cook for approximately 6 minutes until browned and the scallops are opaque.
- Remove scallops from skillet, keep warm.
- Add spinach to skillet and sprinkle with water.
- Cover and cook over medium high heat until spinach is wilted; about 2 minutes.
- Drizzle spinach with vinegar and toss well to coat.
- Add scallops and heat throughly.
- Sprinkle with bacon pieces.
This was Saturday night's dinner and it was excellent. The cajun seasoning gave a nice "zip" to the scallops and served over the spinach, looked restaurant-quality good!Served this with a parmesan- sauced rice for a delicious dinner!
This was great, but I did make some alterations due to what ingredients that I had on hand. I eliminated the bacon. I did not have the cajun seasoning so I use 1/2 tsp cayenne, 1 tsp garlic powder and 1/2 tsp dried basil. My husband said it was the best scallop dish he ever had. I agree that the pan must be very hot and the scallops should be moved more than absolutely necessary.
I just made the scallops but used one teaspoon old bay instead of the cajun seasoning. My family really enjoyed them.