Recipe by Colleen321
Yes there are other Scallop recipes on this site, but not quite like this one! From Roxbe.com Developed by Curtis Webb , sous chef of Joe Fortes Resturant in Vancouver
- 2 slices bacon, cut in match sticks
- 1⁄2 shallot, minced
- 1⁄4 cup cream sherry
- 1⁄3 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, plus
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 sea scallops
- 2 cups packed Baby Spinach
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat skillet on medium heat. Fry bacon until fat renders. Add shallot; cook until lightly browned, 5 minutes. Raise heat to medium high; add cream sherry. Cook stiring 3 minutes. Add apple juice and vinegar; cook 2 minutes. Transfer to bowl; keep warm.
- Wipe out skillet; heat 3 tbsp butter in skillet on medium high heat. Season scallops with salt and pepper. Cook scallops until golden brown on bottom, 3 minutes; turn. Cook 4 minutes.
- Transfer scallops to platter. Melt remaining 2 tbsp butter in skillet. Spoon butter over scallops.
- Put spinach in a bowl. Pour reserved bacon mixture into skillet; heat just to boil on medium high heat. Set aside to cool 1 minute. Add half bacon mixture to spinach; toss. Place spinach leaves around scallops on platter; drizzel remaining bacon mixture on scallops.