Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
from The Cast Iron Skillet Cookbook
- 1 lb fingerling potato
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 bone-in skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 12 ounces smoked andouillle sausage, cut into 1/4 in slices
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- Boil potatoes until tender. Cut in half and set aside.
- Steam the green beans until tender. Set aside.
- Heat 2 T oil over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook for 4 minutes each side. Set aside.
- Add remaining 2 T oil to skillet and reduce heat to medium. Add garlic and onions, cooking until soft. Add sausage to pan and cook for several minutes. Add cooked potatoes and green beans.Cut each chicken breast in half and place on top of potatoes and beans. Sprinkle bell pepper on top, and cover loosely with foil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 12-15 minutes.