Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs 25 mins
Recipe courtesy of the Michigan Blueberry Growers Association
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons blueberry juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, washed and dried
- 1 cup raspberries, pureed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a heavy duty, resealable plastic bag, combine olive oil, vinegar, blueberry juice, lime juice, and garlic.
- Add chicken, turning to coat all sides.
- Seal bag and marinate in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- Reserving marinade, remove chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a small saucepan, combine reserved marinade, blueberries, and raspberry puree. Cook over medium heat on stovetop, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat on stovetop, heat vegetable oil.
- Cook chicken for 8 to 12 minutes per side, or until chicken is browned on the outside and is no longer pink on the inside.
- Serve with sauce.
This was different and yet good. So glad I chose to try this recipe for PAC S09. Came out better than what I had thought it would. Because I did not have enough blueberries I chose to add strawberry's which we had on hand.