Fresh Blueberry Cobbler With Blueberry Sauce
photo by luvinlif2k
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 1 pint fresh blueberries (or frozen)
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk (you can use fat free)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 3⁄4 cup cold butter, plus
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 cups Bisquick, divided
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- vanilla ice cream
- 1 pint blueberries or 16 ounces frozen blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine blueberries with sweetened condensed milk and lemon peel; set aside.
- In a large bowl cut in 3/4 cups of butter into 1 1/2 cups of bisquick until crumbly. Stir in blueberry mixture and spread in the bottom of an 8 x 8 inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut remaining 2 tbsp of butter into remaining 1/2 cup of bisquik and 1/2 cup brown sugar until crumbly. Add nuts and then sprinkle mixture over top of cobbler.
- Bake in preheated 325 degree oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Remove from oven and serve warm with ice cream and blueberry sauce.
- In a saucepan mix 1/2 cup of hot water with 1 tbsp cornstarch.
- Whisk until all lumps are dissolved.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook until thickened.
- Serve warm over cobbler and ice cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!