Recipe by ~~**Amanda**~~
**Cooking Club Magazine June/July 2010** These pork chops start browning in a skillet on top of the stove and finish cooking in the oven. The combination of the two methods produces golden brown pork chops that are tender and juicy. Per Serving: 245 cal, 16.5 g total fat, 23 g protein, 0 g carb, 70 mg cholesterol, 185 mg sodium, 0 g fiber
All Purpose Rub
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 4 pork rib chops (about 1.5 lb)
- 1 tablespoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl stir together all rub ingredients. pat rub onto both sides of pork chops, using a total of 2 tbsp of rub.
- Heat large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add oil, heat until hot. add pork; cook 2 minutes or until golden brown on one side.
- Turn pork chops; place skillet in oven. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until no longer pink in center.
- TIP* Store remaining rub in glass jar with tight-fitting lid. You can keep All Purpose Rub in a dry, dark place up to 3 months.