Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adapted from one of my favorite tilapia recipes to work with cod, mixed with one of my favorite spices, fresh basil. You can substitute dry white wine for the broth, or half and half it would be best. This is a great white no fail fish dish for any night of the week. I do like to serve it with potatoes or spinach to help accent and absorb the sauce. Do not hesitate to use lemon juice from concentrate, for fresh lemon can be too strong. If using fresh lemon use half, then add more to taste.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Sprinkle fish with salt, pepper & paprika. Coat fish in flour on a shallow dish, shake off excess flour.
- When oil heats add fillets and saute 3 mins both sides.
- Remove fillets from pan and pour broth, lemon juice, and chopped fresh basil into the hot pan. Bring to a boil and whisk in 4 tablespoons of butter for 1 to 2 minutes, then simmer for 5 to 10 minutes till sauce reduces by half. Basil will turn the color of steamed spinach, it is okay, you will taste the sweet basil accent in the sauce.
- Serve sauce over fillets.