Recipe by peppermintkitty
The Spanish name for “bread of corn”. A delicious, hearty bread that’s great for casual entertaining.
Top Review by roxsand
This was absolutely awesome cornbread. It was most on inside and best off all it had real corn. The cheese was a great add in. I did not use the chilies instead I chopped up some green peppers and onions. The kids fell in love with this bread. I will make this corn bread from now on.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 (17 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Blend in eggs.
- Stir in corn, chilies, Monterey jack and cheddar cheese.
- Add combined dry ingredients mixing just until moistened.
- Pour into greased and lightly floured 12x8-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm.