Recipe by TGirl,RN
My sister, Pam, gave me this recipe--she knows that lemon meringue is my all time favorite!!
Top Review by * Pamela *
Awesome! I love lemon meringue pie and this recipe had my name written all over it...literally, lol! I made this as directed with perfect results and I will use this recipe again and again. Thanks so much for posting this, it was easier than I thought to make homemade lemon meringue pie!
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml cornstarch
- 354.88 ml cold water
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml margarine
- 1 9 inch pie shell, baked
- 3 egg whites
- 78.07 ml sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In pot, cook 1 C sugar, cornstarch and water.
- Cook until smooth.
- Add egg yolks slowly, stirring constantly until boiling (about 1 minute).
- Remove from heat and add juice and margarine.
- Allow to cool and add to pie shell.
- Beat egg white until foamy, then add 1/3 C sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes, or until meringue is nicely browned.