Recipe by CheCheCherie
My sister lives in a small Texas town where Velveeta is considered a food group. Recipes are passed around through office parties and church pot lucks and she's always given me her favorite finds. Not sure where she got this one but it is certainly one of our favorite calorie-laden, southern cooking splurges! The secret is the seasoned cooking water for the pasta!
- 1 (12 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 4 -5 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 3⁄4 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- salt, pepper, garlic powder, red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti in water according to package directions. Season the water by adding celery stalks, lemon juice, and fajita seasoning. Set aside.
- Saute peppers onions and mushrooms in butter.
- Combine sauteed vegetables and remaining ingredients (except spaghetti) in a large pot.
- Heat over medium heat until desired thickness.
- Stir in cooked spaghetti and serve.