Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love hearts of palm so I made up a salad. Hearts of Palm are usually packed in salted water so this recipe is for ones packed in salted water.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans hearts of palm, drained and sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) container grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 large fresh jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 cup large shred mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- In a large bowl; place hearts of palm, tomatoes, black olives, and jalapeno.
- In a little bowl; mix oil, honey, lime juice, rice vinegar, capers, and garlic.
- Pour caper mix and cheese into the hearts mix and toss to coat.
- Chill then enjoy!
Loved this salad. Didn't add the cheese but was so beautiful on the plate. Served with pupusas.
I just realized I never rated this recipe. I made it for a potluck a couple of years ago. It was quite delicious and I remember others liking it as well. I love all things hearts of palm and tomatoes!
A very nice salad that my husband and I both enjoyed! I quartered the recipe which was just right for the two of us. Thanks! Made for Pick a Chef(PAC).