Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
I found this online as a master recipe for Paleo muffins. The link is : http://powerhungry.com/2013/05/paleo-almond-flour-muffins-master-recipe/
- 2 1⁄2 cups almond flour or 2 1⁄2 cups almond meal
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons honey or 2 tablespoons agave nectar or 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted) or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar or 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon citrus zest or 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup diced apples or 1⁄2 cup dried fruit or 1 cup cacao, nibs or 1 cup chopped nuts or 1 cup seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line 10 cups in a standard 12-cup muffin tin with paper or foil liners.
- In a large bowl whisk the almond flour, baking soda and salt (whisk in any dried spices or herbs at this point, if using).
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, honey, oil and vinegar (add any extracts or zest at this point, if using).
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until blended. Fold in any optional stir-ins, if using.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 14 to 18 minutes until set at the centers and golden brown at the edges. Move the tin to a cooling rack and let muffins cool in the tin 30 minutes. Remove muffins from tin.