Creamy and rich, a delight to eat. A dish I fell in love with at a local restaurant and adapted a recipe to closely resemble theirs.
- 2 (283.49 g) bag Baby Spinach
- 1 large onion
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml ground cardamom
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml chopped garlic
- 118.29 ml chopped tomato
- 44.37 ml plain yogurt
- 14.79 ml coriander powder
- 2.46 ml garam masala
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml salt
- 226.79 g paneer cheese, cut into cubes
- 59.14 ml heavy cream
- Cut spinach into shreds and cook in 3 tablespoons water until tender; remove from heat.
- Saute onion, cinnamon, cardamom, and ginger in 1-2 tablespoons ghee or oil until onion is translucent.
- Then add garlic and chopped tomatoes, and reduce heat.
- Cook this briefly and slowly blend in yogurt a little at a time to prevent curdling.
- Add coriander, garam masala, paprika, and salt, mixing well.
- Add cooked spinach with liquid, cover and simmer on low heat for approximately 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Take half of spinach mixture and puree in food processor or blender, and return to mixture and stir.
- Slowly stir in heavy cream, and heat through on low heat.
- Add paneer cubes.