Recipe by alligirl
Great news for absinthe lovers - Absinthe is being distilled officially again in its Val-de-Travers birthplace, in the Jura region of Switzerland, where it originated. This recipe was found on the Absente website, and posted for ZWT. If you love licorice, you'll enjoy absinthe! (The size of the baking dish is my best guess...)
- 1 cup of stale bread cubes
- 1 cup chocolate bread (stale cake can be used as a substitute)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons absinthe (recommended -- Absente)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Break or cut stale cake into cubes.
- Mix egg, milk, sugar, vanilla and most important of all Absente and pour over over the bread that’s been cut or broken.
- Butter an 8 X 8 baking dish, pour in mixture and dot with butter.
- Bake at 350 in oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold with heavy cream or be creative.