Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
All the taste of Chicken Pad Thai but low carb... My boyfriend and I both love this since we weight train. It's a favorite.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages shirataki noodles (I like angel hair best)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup crushed peanuts (use a meat mallet to crush them)
- Slice the chicken breasts into very thin slivers. Drain the Shirataki noodles and make sure they're dry (don't want to retain the smell of the water they're packaged in).
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan and heat. Add the garlic and ginger and heat until fragrant. Stir in the meat and cook until browned. Stir in the noodles until separated and coated.
- Separately, combine the soy sauce, peanut butter, water and red pepper paste. Pour the sauce over the noodles and meat.
- Add the vinegar and brown sugar and toss it all together. Allow the sauce to heat through. Remove from the heat.
- Top with peanuts and serve.