Recipe by Sharlene~W
I love Thai food and Pad Thai is one of my favorite dishes. It is easy to make and very tasty. Anytime I run across a recipe for Pad Thai I add it to my cookbook in search of the perfect recipe. This is a pretty good contender.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large raw shrimp, uncooked
- 1 (8 ounce) package Thai rice noodles
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons asian chili-garlic sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- lime wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and devein shrimp, set aside.
- Cook noodles in boiling water 3 to 4 minutes; drain.
- Saute minced garlic cloves in hot vegetable oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat for about 2 inutes.
- Add shrimp and cook for another 2 minutes or just until shrimp turns pink.
- Add beaten egg to shrimp mixture in skillet.
- Cook shrimp mixture over medium heat, without stirring, until egg begins to set.
- Stir until cooked, breaking up egg.
- Add sugar, fish sauce, and garlic-chili sauce, stirring until blended.
- Add noodles and cook 1 minute or until thoroughy heated.
- Sprinkle with the onions, peanuts and cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedges for each diner to squeeze lime juice over top.