Recipe by Karen in MA
from the P.F. Chang website. (spaghetti can be substituted for the vermicelli; proscuitto can be substituted for the Yunnan Ham)
- 5 ounces guilin rice vermicelli (or sub spaghetti, follow recipe on pkg for cooking)
- 1 teaspoon any vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons any vegetable oil
- 8 chili pods
- 3 ounces pork loin, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 1⁄2 ounces yunnan ham (or sub. procusitto or Serrano)
- 2 green onions, cut into 2-3-inch sticks
- 1⁄4 cup sliced cabbage, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄4 cup shiitake mushroom, sliced (sub. any mushroom)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak Vermicelli in very hot water for 1 hour.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, add Vermicelli and boil for one minute.
- Rinse under warm water for one minute, drain well then mix with 1tsp Veg Oil.
- Heat a wok over high heat until it begins to smoke (sub. cast iron skillet or sauté pan).
- Add Vegetable Oil, then Chili Pods and Pork. Then stir fry until pork is almost done.
- Add Garlic, Ham, Green Onion, Cabbage and Mushrooms then stir for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Add Vermicelli, Salt, Soy Sauce Oyster Sauce, Sugar and Sesame Oil then stir fry until all ingredients are mixed well.