Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a copycat recipe for P F Chang's Singapore Black Pepper Shrimp, when it was on the menu.
- 8 large shrimp
- 2 stalks spring onions
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Remove the head and shell of each shrimp, leaving only the shell tail intact. Devein by cutting along the top middle part of the shrimp and remove the black veins.
- Cut the spring onions in 1 inch lengths and separate thick bottom white stalks from the top green portion.
- Pound the black peppercorns using mortar and pestle till coarse (not powdery).
- Melt butter in heated wok or large skillet. Add garlic, crushed peppercorns and thick spring onion (white) stalks and stir fry until garlic is lightly browned.
- Add water, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce and brown sugar. Add shrimp and the rest of the spring onions (green). Stir fry till shrimp are cooked (5-7 minutes).