Black Pepper Shrimp (Paula Deen)
This recipe from Paula Deen of Food Network couldn't be easier. It seems like a LOT of black pepper, but trust me--it works. You get it all over your fingers as you shell the shrimp and eat them, so have some wet wash cloths rolled up and ready. This cooks up in just a few minutes, so have the rest of your dinner ready before you start (I suggest a hearty salad and bread).
- Ready In:
- 3 lbs fresh shrimp, unpeeled (heads cut off)
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 4 tablespoons fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Rinse and drain shrimp and place in shallow baking pan.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour the garlic butter mixture over shrimp and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle about half the pepper over shrimp until they are well covered.
- Remember--don't be afraid!
- Bake until pink (about 5 minutes).
- Turn shrimp over sprinkle with remaining pepper and bake a few minutes longer.
- Don't overcook!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I have been making shrimp like this for quite some time (right after I saw the show...lol) We love it....it is the only way we cook our shrimp, other then shrimp cocktail. I love the flavor that comes with these shrimp, If you like shrimp then you have to try this recipe....it is to die for. A little messy but well worth the mess........Stephanie
I was expecting more of a 'WOW!' factor out of this dish. It was good, but nothing exceptional. Hubby agreed. It is what it is, butter/garlic/pepper. IF i were to make this again, I'd remove the shell prior to baking because it seemed that most of the butter and flavor gets taken off with the shell which is obviously not eaten. I sopped up the remaining butter mixture in the baking dish up with crusty bread.