Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of those recipes that when you are thinking "QUICK and EASY" comes to your mind. Feel free to add a jar of pimentos for color or 1 can of chopped green chiles for color and flavor. Cooking time does not include cooking the chicken. I keep 2 cup portions in the freezer for times like this.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 4 cups cooked chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) package butter flavored crackers, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Mix together soups and sour cream.
- Add chicken pieces and stir well.
- Pour into sprayed 9x13-inch casserole.
- Stir cracker crumbs into margarine and spread over casserole.
- Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
My daughter was looking for an easy Poppy Seed chicken recipe and she found it in this one. It was very easy to make and it turned out wonderfully. Even her best friend, who is a very picky eater, loved it! I will be making this again, thank you
This is great! My daughter will make an almost 2 hr. drive home from college (Texas A&M)just to have this Poppy Seed Chicken casserole. I add 4 oz. diced pimentoes and it adds a wonderful flavor and color. This is the recipe we use over and over. My husband likes that it has cream of mushroom along with the cream of chicken, instead of just the cream of chicken alone.