Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a family favourite recipe, from my mother-in-law. A nice easy cookie.
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 cups oatmeal (not instant, Use old fashioned)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 large beaten eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Combine sugar, oats, salt, and oil together in a large bowl, cover and set aside overnight, so ingredients meld and soften.
- Next day add the eggs, vanilla, and almond extracts, and stir mixture until combined.
- Place small teaspoons full onto parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
- Bake 325 degrees oven to bake.
- Watch carefully, bake only 10- 15 minutes.
- They will brown quickly because of just sugar, eggs, and no flour in the recipe.
- Always test one or two first, to arrive at the correct baking time.
- Allow to cool on sheet.
- Try to use parchment paper, or silicone baking sheets, as these are sticky and hard to remove otherwise.
- These are a small chewy cookie.
- Thanks Andy.