Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Not only is this absolutely TOO delicious, it is easy to make. A cinnamon batter surrounds the sweet creamy filling! You can completely prepare the blintz casserole and chill up to 8-24 hours before baking.
- 2 cups small-curd cream-style cottage cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- powdered sugar
- maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a small bowl combine the cottage cheese with egg yolks, 1/4 cup sugar, 2 teaspoons vanilla and 1 cup mascarpone cheese; mix well to combine and set aside.
- In another bowl combine 1 cup sour cream with 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese, eggs, orange juice, lemon juice, melted butter and 1/3 cup sugar; beat until well combined.
- Add in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder and 1 teaspoon vanilla; beat until combined.
- Pour HALF of the orange juice batter into prepared baking pan.
- Drop the cottage cheese mixture by small spoonfuls over the orange juice batter, then carefully spread to cover.
- Pour the remaining batter over the filling.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 8-24 hours.
- When read to bake set oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake the cold casserole for about 50-65 minutes or until puffed and light brown.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup on the side.