Prep 8 hrs
Cook 1 hr
An easy recipe to have when guest come over.
Make and share this Overnight Baked Stuffed French Toast recipe from Food.com.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 16 ounces French bread, cut into 20 slices
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 3 cups liquid egg substitute
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free maple syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with vegetable spray.
- Layer 10 slices of French bread in bottom of pan.
- You can cut slices to fit.
- Top evenly with cream cheese slices, then with remaining French bread slices.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together egg substitute, milk, vanilla extract, syrup, and cinnamon.
- Pour over bread, coating all of the bread.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or at least 8 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 1 hour or until all liquid is absorbed and the French bread is set in the center.
- To keep bread from browning to much, lay a piece of aluminum foil over top when French bread just begins to brown.
- Cut into 12 pieces and serve with raspberry syrup.
Served this to my parents.Nice to be able to pop it in the oven in the morning.Tastes great!
We didn't really go for the cream cheese chunks, and I only used half of it. I thought it would melt down, but it didn't, it was really concentrated. I didn't think it had much flavor overall. But it was really nice to just pop in the oven, and I'll probably try it again with some adjustments.
My family really enjoyed this as did I and it's so easy to make!