Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Planning to try this with Venison, very soon.
- 4 lbs beef tenderloin (or other choice)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt (or other coarse salt)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Combine all spices & herbs, mixing well.
- Brush the Tenderloin with the Olive Oil, to coat.
- Press the rub on all sides of the meat.
- Roast 1.5 to 2 hrs, using a meat thermometer to determine how well done you prefer it. (Beef = 120 for rare, etc., consult USDA guidelines for other types of meat for your own safety).
- Remove to a carving board, from oven, and cover with foil.
- Let rest 10 minutes before carving.