Recipe by susie cooks
Great chicken dish. Also wonderful grilled! Work time does not include marinating time.
Top Review by I'mPat
If you don't like lemon, garlic or rosemary don't bother trying this recipe but if you do go COOK IT. I was inspired by mightyro-cooking4u's photo to give this a try. I quartered a 2k chicken (removing the back bone - makes good stock) and thought as usual it would only take 45 minutes to cook but it took an hour (think they may have been because of the liquid of the lemon juice int he bottom) but it was moist and full of flavour. Thank you susie cooks for a great recipe.
- 1 -3 1⁄2 lb chicken
- 4 lemons
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 16 sprigs rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken in half lenghtwise.
- Place in large oven proof dish.
- Squeeze juice from the lemons over the chicken.
- Add the lemon to the dish along with garlic, rosemary, red pepper, salt and pepper.
- Marinate for 2 hours, turning chicken a few times.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roast chicken for 45 minutes.
- Can broil at the end for darker, crisp skin.
- Cut into serving pieces.