Great chicken dish. Also wonderful grilled! Work time does not include marinating time.
Make and share this Oven Roasted Chicken With Lemon, Garlic and Rosemary recipe from Food.com.
- Cut chicken in half lenghtwise.
- Place in large oven proof dish.
- Squeeze juice from the lemons over the chicken.
- Add the lemon to the dish along with garlic, rosemary, red pepper, salt and pepper.
- Marinate for 2 hours, turning chicken a few times.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roast chicken for 45 minutes.
- Can broil at the end for darker, crisp skin.
- Cut into serving pieces.
If you don't like lemon, garlic or rosemary don't bother trying this recipe but if you do go COOK IT. I was inspired by mightyro-cooking4u's photo to give this a try. I quartered a 2k chicken (removing the back bone - makes good stock) and thought as usual it would only take 45 minutes to cook but it took an hour (think they may have been because of the liquid of the lemon juice int he bottom) but it was moist and full of flavour. Thank you susie cooks for a great recipe.
This chicken was very tasty and flavorful. The garlic, rosemary, and red pepper really came through. I butterflied the chicken. This will be made again.
Loved this dish. I was cooking for 1 tonight so I roasted a skinless, bone-in chicken breast. The garlic, rosemary and lemon flavours complement each other and the red pepper flakes give it a bit of bite. I sprinkled some dried rosemary and garlic over the chicken before roasting it and used a few grindings of sel de mer and pepper. Made for Jammin' Java Jivers ZWT5