Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Adapted from Martha Stewart (Emeril's Recipe)
- 4 lbs chicken wings, cut in half at joint (wing tips removed)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl, toss chicken wings with lemon juice.
- Add pepper, garlic and onion powders, and salt.
- Add thyme, crushing it between your fingers as you go.
- Add cayenne and melted butter.
- Stir mixture thoroughly, then arrange wings in one layer on baking sheet.
- Cook 20 minutes, then rotate sheet and flip wings.
- Cook until wings are browned and cooked through, 10 minutes.
- Serve with desired dipping sauce.