Recipe by madchen-girl
I know you're thinking "brussels sprouts are gross." That's what I thought until I tried this recipe. I took one of those fancy cooking courses, and this is one of the only recipes I remember -- it's easy, unusual, and delicious!
- 1 lb fresh Brussels sprout
- 6 scallions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 -8 ounces fresh oyster mushrooms
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 410 degrees.
- rinse brussels sprouts, trim off base, remove any leaves with brown spots, and chop each sprout in half.
- cut white and green part of scallions into 2 inch pieces.
- put brussels sprouts and scallion pieces in mixing bowl and drizzle olive oil.
- toss with a spoon.
- roughly chop oyster mushrooms and add to bowl.
- sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper and toss again with spoon.
- spread vegetables onto foil covered cookie sheet and place in oven on top rack.
- cook 20 to 30 minutes, until sprouts begin to char.