Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is to die for. Tangy and tasty. Time does not include standing time
- 5 cups cooked potatoes, slices
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup water (I use the potato cooking liquid)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- Fry bacon till crisp, drain and crumble.
- Reserve 3 Tbsp of drippings.
- Boil poatoes whole till almost done,just slightly undercook.
- During last 5 minutes add celery slices to potatoes.
- When potatoes reach desired doneness, drain and set aside.
- Put celery slices in a casserole.
- Slice potatoes and add to casserole.
- Add bacon to casserole.
- Combine sugar, corstarch, dry mustard, celery seed & salt in small bowl.
- Add Onion, Water, lemon juice & cider vinegar to bacon drippings.
- Stir in sugar /cornstarch mixture.
- Cook and stir over medium heat till it boils and thickens.
- Pour over Potato mixture.
- Let stand for an hour or more to blend flavours.
- Bake at 350F for 30 -40 minutes.
This recipe received a "this is really good" comment from my husband. Nothing left to say. :)