Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
From Paula Deen on her show, Paula's Home Cooking.
- 3 large baking potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cornbread mix
House Seasoning (use 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 cup salt
- 1⁄4 cup black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Wash the potatoes and cut each into 6 thick wedges.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the hot sauce, onion salt, House Seasoning and pepper.
- The recipe says that the House Seasoning ingredients can be stored in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
- Coat the potato wedges with the mayonnaise mixture and roll them in the dressing mix.
- Place in a greased baking dish and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Serve with your favorite dip.
These potatoes are delicious. I followed the recipes exactly, except I didn't put them on a grease baking dish. I use a pan lined with non-stick aluminium foil. My oven runs a little hot, so I baked them at 350 instead for 45 minutes. They weren't as crispy as they looked but the taste certainly made up for it. I also made an extra batch of the mayo mixture for dipping, but they were good even without the dip. Thanks for posting this recipe. It's definitely a winner.
I got this recipe from her show and I prepared it tonight. They are are soooooo good! A bit crunchy with just a tad bit of heat from the hot sauce. Great flavor and a nice change from french fries. Made even better when you dip them in Ranch Dressing. YUM!