Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
I really love the smokey flavor of anything with chipotle chilies. I even sprinkle the powdered variety on my grits!
- In a food processor blend together the chipotles, the mayonnaise, and salt and pepper to taste until the mixture is smooth.
- Arrange the chicken pieces in one layer on a baking pan and coat them completely with the mayonnaise mixture.
- Chill the chicken, covered, for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- In a large bowl combine the panko or tortilla crumbs, the cayenne, salt and pepper to taste and coat each piece of chicken with the bread crumb mixture, patting the mixture on lightly.
- Arrange the chicken pieces on the lightly oiled racks of 2 roasting pans and bake them in a preheated 425°F.
- oven, turning them once carefully, for 30 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 375°F.
- and bake the chicken for 10 to 20 minutes more, or until it is cooked through.
A lovely crispy, spicy coated chicken dish. The only thing I did different was that I cooked the chicke on a lower temerature, 350F, I did not turn it over but it came out beautiful!
The flavor of this dish is spicy but not too intense. The high temperature at the beginning "fried" the tortilla chips very well. The chicken came out juicy and moist, and very tasty. This is definately a recipe that is worth repeating....again and again. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
This was so good!!! I didn't change a thing. It is spicy! I served it with a fairly bland noodle dish and green beans topped with almonds and a salad and the combo was perfecto!