From Marcia Adams' Cooking From Quilt Country. This is an excellent oven baked fried chicken; nicely seasoned, easy and takes you back to when you didn't care about fat content, calories or protein counts. The drippings make for very yummy gravy, too!
- Place the oil and butter in a shallow cooking pan (I use a sided cookie sheet or the broiler pan) and put in preheated 375 degree oven to melt. Set aside.
- In large bowl or plastic bag, combine flour and seasonings. Mix well.
- Roll the chicken pieces, a few at a time, in the oil/butter mixture and then drudge in flour mixture.
- Place coated chicken pieces into pan, skin side down.
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes. Turn over the chicken pieces and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until top crust is bubbly.
- Serve hot or cold.