Baked Chicken Reuben
photo by Tim_John
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place chicken in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place sauerkraut over chicken and top with cheese slices.
- Pour dressing over all and cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 90 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through (fork can be easily inserted and juices run clear).
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I never would have thought about sauerkraut and chicken but this was great! I adore reubens so decided to try this. I wasn't feeling well this weekend and wanted to make an easy dish, I had all the ingredients on hand so this was perfect. The only thing I did different was to pound the chicken breast a bit to tenderize and I doubled the cheese as I love cheese! Thanks Miss Annie, we'll be having this again!
This has become one of my weeknight standby favorites. I usually make a lower calorie version with fat free swiss cheese ,and fat free thousand island dressing. Which reduces the calorie content by about 1/3 to about 5 WW points per serving. ( I also usually make 1 or two servings "vegetarian" by substituting a veggie chicken patty or two.)