Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
My family loves this easy recipe on the weekend because you can make it ahead then serve it up in the morning.
- Lightly oil 13X9 inch baking dish.
- In saucepan, combine all topping ingredients, mix well.
- Cook over medium heat until smooth stirring constantly.
- Do not let it boil or the cream will curdle.
- Spread in dish.
- Add your nuts.
- Beat eggs in shallow bowl.
- Add milk, vanilla beat well.
- Dip each bread slice in egg mixture until all the egg is gone, place slices over topping.
- Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Uncover dish and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- When done, let stand for five minutes; invert onto serving platter, scraping any caramel topping left in the dish.
- Serve immediately.