My family loves this easy recipe on the weekend because you can make it ahead then serve it up in the morning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1Lightly oil 13X9 inch baking dish.
- 2In saucepan, combine all topping ingredients, mix well.
- 3Cook over medium heat until smooth stirring constantly.
- 4Do not let it boil or the cream will curdle.
- 5Spread in dish.
- 6Add your nuts.
- 7Beat eggs in shallow bowl.
- 8Add milk, vanilla beat well.
- 9Dip each bread slice in egg mixture until all the egg is gone, place slices over topping.
- 10Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- 11Preheat oven to 400F.
- 12Uncover dish and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- 13When done, let stand for five minutes; invert onto serving platter, scraping any caramel topping left in the dish.
- 14Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Caramel French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 892.7
- Calories from Fat 311
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 190.0 mg
- Sodium 1079.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 127.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 55.5 g
- Protein 17.7 g