Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
My family loves this easy recipe on the weekend because you can make it ahead then serve it up in the morning.
- Lightly oil 13X9 inch baking dish.
- In saucepan, combine all topping ingredients, mix well.
- Cook over medium heat until smooth stirring constantly.
- Do not let it boil or the cream will curdle.
- Spread in dish.
- Add your nuts.
- Beat eggs in shallow bowl.
- Add milk, vanilla beat well.
- Dip each bread slice in egg mixture until all the egg is gone, place slices over topping.
- Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Uncover dish and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- When done, let stand for five minutes; invert onto serving platter, scraping any caramel topping left in the dish.
- Serve immediately.