- 1⁄2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup red wine (or red wine vinegar)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- chicken parts
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush chicken parts with butter, put on rack in pan (I use a broiler pan) and cook at 350 F in oven for ten minutes.
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil.
- Add chili powder and stir-fry for two minutes.
- Add ketchup, red wine, brown sugar, honey and crushed peppers.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes.
- Put chicken in roasting pan, pour sauce over meat and cook until done (approximately 40 minutes).