Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Easy and good
Make and share this Oven barbecued chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Brush chicken parts with butter, put on rack in pan (I use a broiler pan) and cook at 350 F in oven for ten minutes.
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil.
- Add chili powder and stir-fry for two minutes.
- Add ketchup, red wine, brown sugar, honey and crushed peppers.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes.
- Put chicken in roasting pan, pour sauce over meat and cook until done (approximately 40 minutes).
Very nice recipe. I added a little Worcestershire Sauce and Hot Sauce with a little prepared mustard. I also dredged the chicken in flour and fried until browned. Thanks for posting!
This was a lovely way to get barbequed chicken flavour in the oven! I did cut down a little on the sugar and honey. At the end I turned on the broiler and browned the chicken a little. The chili powder added a nice dimension to the sauce. Thsi was so easy and very delicious. Thanks Minxkat1! I will make this again!