Recipe by Normaone
I love polenta, soft with stew or firm, sliced and fried or baked with tomato sauce and cheese. This is an especially easy version that I found at the "Food and Wine" website.
- 2 quarts water
- kosher salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups stone ground cornmeal
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated,plus extra for serving
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450^F.
- Bring water to a boil and add 2 tsp salt.
- Bring water to a simmer.
- Gradually whisk in the cornmeal.
- Whisk smooth.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and place in the oven.
- Bake 1 1/2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes until thick and no longer gritty.
- Stir in the butter and the Parmesan cheese.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with extra grated Parmesan cheese.