No-Stir Oven Polenta
- Ready In:
- 1hr 6mins
- Mix everything in a shallow pan which is ovenproof.
- Put it in a 350 degree oven.
- After about 40 minutes, give it a stir and see if it's done.
- If not, cook another few minutes.
- You can add less or more liquid, depending upon whether you like the polenta soft or more solid.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have long loved polenta and this recipe really won me over. The final result was far smoother and silkier than any polenta I've made on the stove-top using the same cornmeal. I was a little nervous about the amount of liquid in this dish and found it a touch loose at the end of 40 minutes - an additional 5 minutes did the trick.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in northern New Jersey, with my husband of 42 years. I love to cook, especially Italian foods, and I have a wonderful cook-book collection. My favorites are the "Italian Ladies" -- Lydia Bastianich, Biba Caggiano, and Marcella Hazan, along with Mario Batali. I love living in northern New Jersey, where there are all kinds of ethnic restaurants and food stores. I can find ingredients for anything here! It's really difficult for me to post recipes, because I never measure anything. I cook by taste, touch, and smell. I'm always afraid my measurements are going to be off if I post.