Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From my church recipe book, submitted by Terese E. The title says it all.
- 6 medium yellow onions
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- parsley (to garnish) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Peel onions and cut each lengthwise in half, keeping root end intact.
- In baking dish, combine water, olive oil, brown sugar, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, and Tabasco.
- Place onion halves cut side down into mixture.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, basting every so often.
- Remove foil and bake about 10 min.
- longer or until onions are tender.
These baked onions were delighful! I loved the marinade, a perfect blend of flavors! What a unique veggie side dish and a unique way to make baked onions! Yummy!
Wonderful, wonderful onions. I actually substituted worcestershire sauce for the soy this time because I used some of these for Italian Sausage hoagies. Delicious plain or in a sandwich.
This was incredible! I love onions and the sauce on this was a perfect compliment to the onion.