- 6 medium yellow onions
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- parsley (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Peel onions and cut each lengthwise in half, keeping root end intact.
- In baking dish, combine water, olive oil, brown sugar, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, and Tabasco.
- Place onion halves cut side down into mixture.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, basting every so often.
- Remove foil and bake about 10 min.
- longer or until onions are tender.