Recipe by Boomette
From Ricardo. I made it today. Since I had half a large onion to use, I decided to use it in this recipe instead of the green onion. I added the onion at the same time as the mushrooms. I cooked the orzo in boiling water 10 minutes. It was al dente. We loved this side dish. It was perfect with the chicken that was cooked on the barbecue.
Top Review by Annacia
This was a marvelous aide for tonight's chicken. Mushrooms are one of my favorite things and a new way to use them is always welcome. Great flavor and texture. Simple and very yummy. Served with rosemary chicken, steamed broccoli and carrots.
- 225 g orzo pasta
- 454 g white mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 green onions, minced (set aside the green of 1 for the garnish)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan with salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente (10 minutes). Drain and oil lightly. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown mushrooms in oil. Add salt and pepper. Add green onions and keep cooking 1 minute. Add chicken stock and bring to boil. Add orzo and parmesan. Stir well and adjust seasoning. Sprinkle with the green part of the green onion that you set aside for garnish.