Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
this is my favorite salad at Wild Oats Market
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb orzo pasta, cooked until al dente and cooled
- 15 kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 2 stalks green onions, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 6 ounces feta cheese, cubed
- Whisk the vinegar, garlic, and pepper together. Slowly add olive oil until it begins to thicken and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl toss pasta, olives, onions, celery, spinach, nuts, and feta cheese until fully combined.
- Pour vinaigrette over the salad and toss until all the ingredients are covered. Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
- Tip: toast pine nuts on a baking sheet in a 350 degree oven or in a non stick sauté pan over medium heat until golden brown. Be careful not to burn.
Fantastic recipe. i double the veggies, olives, etc. and 1/2 the orzo for a less-carb salad. LOVE IT! Make it for pot luck and it's everyone's fave.