Recipe by Bolistoli
Basic orzo recipe, prepared like risotto. You can vary it according to whatever you might have in your pantry. Original recipe by Pam Anderson, published in the Washington Post, June 7, 2000.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces orzo pasta (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 quart of water to a boil.
- Add the salt and orzo and cook until the orzo is tender and has absorbed almost all of the cooking liquid, 8 to 9 minutes.
- Stir in the butter, Parmesan cheese and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.