Recipe by mamamain
This is the original recipe we all grew up with. I'm old now and I still enjoy them! They are quick and easy to make. They freeze well and they also travel well. Most kids love them. (You can substitute 4 cups miniature Marshmallows or 1 jar (7 oz.) Marshmallow Creme for the regular Marshmallows.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir till melted. Add Rice Krispies and stir until well coated.
- Lightly butter or spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray. Using buttered spatula or wax paper, press Rice Krispie mix into prepared pan. Cut into squares. These are best if served the same day. Enjoy!
- Microwave Directions:.
- Heat butter and marshmallows on high for 3 minutes in microwave safe bowl, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in the Rice Krispies and press into prepared pan. Microwave cooking times may vary.
- For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
- Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.
- To Freeze: Place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
- I like to wrap 1 or several squares in plastic wrap and then freeze in Zip Lock Freezer Bags.