Recipe by JenJenMarie
I had to have this recipe after eating this at my uncle's birthday party on the 4th of July. It is really good! I was not sure of the size of the package of Ramen noodles, so I estimated. It is the standard small rectangle package.
- 226.79 g package ramen noodles, broken up into small bits (discard seasoning)
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts
- 59.16 ml butter or 59.16 ml margarine
- 3 head lettuce, torn, can use Romaine, Green Leaf, Red Tip, etc
- 2-4 chopped green onions
- 236.59 ml canola oil
- 118.29 ml wine vinegar
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 9.85-14.78 ml soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Add vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce into a jar and shake until sugar is dissolved. Add oil and shake. Sometimes I cut back on the amount of oil and sugar and use 1/2 cup of each. Just a matter of taste.
- Saute ramen noodles and walnuts in margarine until slightly golden. Drain and cool.
- Combine lettuce, green onion, and topping in a large bowl. When ready to serve, shake dressing and pour on salad, then serve. Do not put dressing on until ready to serve. Dressing will being breaking down the lettuce.